2016 Pitch George Winners
Congratulations to all the teams that competed in the 2016 Pitch George Competition! Check out the winners listed below!
The annual Pitch George Competition is one of the George Washington University's premier entrepreneurial initiatives organized by the GW Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE).
The "elevator pitch" competition takes place each fall semester and allows young entrepreneurs (GW undergraduates and graduates) to present their business ideas, get valuable feedback on the viability of their business concepts and win startup capital.
The competition offers networking opportunities with entrepreneurs from the greater DC area as well as hands-on preparation for the GW New Venture Competition - the top undergraduate and the top graduate winners automatically advance to the semi-finals.
This year Pitch George is introducing a Women's Pitch Challenge for GW's female entrepreneurs!
- 1st Place - Agaport (Team: Joshua Pulman, Mimi Shojai)
- 2nd Place - AirWell (Team: Charles Bayard Carlson, David Meehan, Spencer Legred)
- 3rd Place - Mynd (Team: Lauren Hoffman, Sebastian Hood)
- 1st Place - Atomic Number 1 (Team: Christopher Fitch, Burton Carey)
- 2nd Place - Opal: Medical Equipment Management Device (Team: Connor Roberts)
- 3rd Place - FocusRide (Team: Jordan Weinberg, Michael Weinberg)
Women's Track Winners:
- 1st Place - The Forgotten Fruit (Team: Stephanie Westhelle)
- 2nd Place - ShortCuts (Team: Samantha Meyerson, Megan Joseph)
- 3rd Place - USACA (Team: Rachel Decoste)